Please note that starting on Monday, 20th May 2019, FRSC would be running a special patrol code-named “Operations Show Your Driver’s License”.
According to the Lagos State Sector Command, this special patrol is aimed at reducing the high incidents of motorists driving without valid driver’s licenses in the state, with over 60,000 unclaimed licenses in the state.
Drivers who do not have valid licenses run the risk of having their cars impounded and a fine of ₦10,000.
A few tips to note while driving from Monday, May 20th, 2019.
- Please ensure your driver’s license is valid.
- Please ensure you carry a copy of your license with you at all times when driving
- You may carry a physical copy of your original driver’s license. Alternatively, you can also carry a photocopy of the valid license.
- As a backup, take a clear picture of your driver’s license on your phone in case you do not have the physical copy on hand when stopped (original or photocopy)
Over the course of this 2-week special patrol, you may encounter FRSC officers multiple times while driving around the city; If you are stopped by FRSC officers;
- Do not react impatiently or engage in an argument with the officers
- Comply and cooperate with the officers and show your valid drivers license physically or on your device.
- If you do not have your license with you, your vehicle will be impounded and you will have 24 hours to show your license to avoid a fine
Read more here http://tiny.cc/FRSC-OSYDL